HEBREW SCHOOL PROGRAMS 2010-11
In the upcoming school year, families will have flexibility to choose the Hebrew school programs that best fit their child's needs. A brief summary of the 4 programs being offered is below along with proposed fees for each program. The programs build on our strengths
- Strong prayer curriculum leading to well prepared Bar/Bat Mitzvah candidates
- Outstanding teachers who possess both subject expertise and solid classroom experience.
- Innovative structure - subject periods, 3 periods with classroom changes
- Introduction of technology - use of computers to aid in Hebrew language learning, and high speed Internet access for in-class research
1. Current program, full curriculum - requires CBI membership, meets twice weekly: Sunday 9 to 11:30, Tuesday 4 to 6pm. This is a 5 year program. $825 Per Child
- Hebrew language reading, basic grammar, vocabulary
- Prayers and songs
- Judaism - History through modern times.
- Jewish ethics, law
- Our Holidays and tradition
- Israel - history and today
- Holocaust Studies (for Hey class)
2. Bar/Bat Mitzvah training program - requires CBI membership, meets once weekly: Sunday 9 to 11:30am. Also requires attendance at least once per month to Erev Shabbat service AND Shabbat morning service. This is a 5 year program. $525 Per Child
- Basic Hebrew reading through service content:
- Parts of services (Erev Shabbat, Shabbat morning, Minyan)
- Prayers, Songs, what is Torah, haftora
- In last year also how to interpret Parsha
3. Hebrew Prep School - Kindergarten to 2nd grade, Sundays 9 to 11:30. $425 Per Child Intro to Jewish tradition, holidays, Hebrew language, prayer, Tzidaka, song, dance, Israel
4. Holiday and Tradition Workshop Series - All ages. One Sunday per month 11:30 to 1pm including lunch. These workshops will emphasize tradition, holidays, history and Jewish ritual. These monthly workshops will be open to CBI member and the community at large. Families and individuals will be charged a fee for each workshop attended. Membership is NOT required, however member attendance fees will be discounted. Workshops fees will vary with sign up on a monthly basis.