HEBREW SCHOOL PROGRAMS 2014-15
In the upcoming school year, families will have flexibility to choose the Hebrew school programs that best fit their child's needs. A brief summary of the 2 programs being offered is below along with proposed fees for each program. The programs build on our strengths
- Strong prayer curriculum leading to well prepared Bar/Bat Mitzvah candidates
- Outstanding teachers who possess both subject expertise and solid classroom experience.
- Innovative structure - subject periods, 3 periods with classroom changes
- Introduction of technology - use of computers to aid in Hebrew language learning, and high speed Internet access for in-class research
1. Current program, full curriculum - requires CBI membership, meets twice weekly: Sunday 9 to 11:30, Tuesday 4 to 6pm. This is a 5 year program. $800 Per Child
- Hebrew language reading, basic grammar, vocabulary
- Prayers and songs
- Judaism - History through modern times.
- Jewish ethics, law
- Our Holidays and tradition
- Israel - history and today
- Holocaust Studies (for Hey class)
1a. Flexible Programing - option to modify the two day schedule to accommodate families with scheduling conflicts that may arise (ie. traveling sports program). Sunday's 9-11:30 am required Tuesdays 4-6 pm (Flexible) Price $800.
2. Hebrew Prep School - price $500